UP Economics Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UP Economics Society

Tambayan extension right here :)

You are not connected. Please login or register

MEMBERS, REVOLT!

+5
Minay
peachykins
kim.orticio
Czar
ariesss
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MEMBERS, REVOLT! Empty MEMBERS, REVOLT! Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:52 am

ariesss

Choose to Know their Hidden Motives!

Instead of apologizing for causing confusion to many Iskolars ng Bayan, the individuals calling themselves "Choose2know" have intensified their deception. Their ability to tell us such big lies without blinking is unbelievable. For that, we cannot blame many students for choosing to abstain in the Referendum.

With that, they have already won. For their objective is not to have the NOs win in the Referendum. As the Bob Marley song goes "But you can't fool all the people...". So, they only wish to confuse enough people into abstaining and cause a failure of the Referendum.

We must condemn the individuals calling themselves "Choose2know" as liars. Much has been said and posted about the points of debate regarding the Referendum. Let us now take devote our attention to the people themselves: We do not need to post any arguments, only their history in regards to our student issues.

- Presence of Phil. Army soldiers in the UPD Campus - Silent
- UP Admin intervention in the newly-elected Faculty Regent - Silent
- Proposed Tuition Fee Increase in the next three years - Silent
- UP System Code Article 464 which bans non-academic organizations - Silent
- UPLB Admin intervention in the UPLB elections in 2008 - Silent
- UPLB Admin intervention in the UPLB Perspective editorial exam in 2008 - Silent
- 300% Tuition and Other Fee Increases in 2006 - Either in support, or silent
- Tuition Fee Increase in UPM-CM in 2006 - Silent
- Witholding of funds of the Phil. Collegian in 2006 - Silent
- Deployment of AFP Marines in UPD in 2006 - Silent
- Abduction of UP Students Karen Empeno and Sherlyn Cadapan in 2006 - Silent
- P357 Million UP Budget Cut in 2005 - Silent, or said a Tuition Fee Increase was impossible
- Laboratory Fee Increases in the Entire UP System in 2005 - Silent
- UP Budget Cut in 2004 - Silent, or said a Tuition Fee Increase was impossible
- Laboratory Fee Increases in the Entire UP System in 2004 - Silent
- UP Budget Cut in 2003 - Silent, or said a Tuition Fee Increase was impossible

Are these the people that we are supposed to believe in? At the minimum, they are simply traditional politicians that only speak out during the election semester, and see the SR Referendum as the perfect issue to project themselves without antagonizing their natural ally, the UP Administration. At the maximum, they are willing tools of the UP Admin in attacking student rights and furthering the commercialization of UP.

Choose to Know their Hidden Motives!
Choose NO to NO!
Democracy: Majority over a few Individuals!
Referendum Failure is NOT an Option!
Stop Misinformation! Stop the Choose 2 Know gang!
Stand up for your Rights! YES on Jan. 26-31!

P.S If you've been reading this far, then you deserve a little trivia:

- Only 6 out of 52 student councils supported the Amendments during the Special Meeting last December
- For 11 years, these Amendments have been rejected by at least 2/3s of the GASC
- The Amendments were given a chance in 2005, and were included. They however were removed the next year.
- All of the NO Student Councils could not report on the state of their constituents, and their problems and issues, during the last Special Meeting
- Most freshies of the colleges of the NO Student Councils were not even informed about the stand of their Council.
- Most NO-brainers have locked their websites to prevent other opinions from getting in, such as in the case of the College of Architecture Representative and his Council Chairperson, and the College of Business Administration Representative
- The same can be said for e-groups, such as the e-groups of the College of Engineering, where the moderators and the Student Council kept banning YES members.
- Also in the case of orgs, such as in the case of the Economics Society in UPD, which tried to prevent YES campaigners from talking to their members

May nagpost nito sa Multiply ni Hannah Lasco. Sobrang naiirita ako. Sana kayo rin. Neutral

2MEMBERS, REVOLT! Empty CLICK! Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:55 am

ariesss

3MEMBERS, REVOLT! Empty Re: MEMBERS, REVOLT! Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:33 am

Czar

Czar

http://redstudentswill.multiply.com/journal/item/328/LIAR_LIAR

dito siya nakapost originally

nakakainis yung mga comments nila. sadmfhgsdjklfghsldfghdfjshgdjklfghdfkjghdsljkfghojkl

kawawa naman yung ibang yes campaigners na maayos yung arguments.

http://allthingsarcane.livejournal.com

4MEMBERS, REVOLT! Empty Re: MEMBERS, REVOLT! Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:02 pm

kim.orticio

kim.orticio

"ehem. ang guilty talaga nung isang grupo na halatang tinamaan sa post na ito. ehem.

buti nga hindi ko binanggit ung isa pang org sa Diliman, ung org na ang composition ng membership ay puro mga mayayaman (ehem, ehem, sino kaya un?) kaya lahat ay NO. palibasa kasi, mga elitista. hindi makita ang context ng Referendum kasi para sa kanila, ok lang gaano ka-commercialized ang edukasyon sa UP. wala na silang ibang ginagawa kundi nilalait at minamaliit ung ginagawa nating mga estudyante.

dapat sa mga yan i-deport. ooooh what a clue"

-redstudentswill

Parang katuwaan lang sa kanila. Nakakaasar!
Feeling majority. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by kim.orticio on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.bluss.multiply.com

5MEMBERS, REVOLT! Empty Re: MEMBERS, REVOLT! Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:31 pm

peachykins

peachykins

Neutral

grabe yung name dropping.

6MEMBERS, REVOLT! Empty Re: MEMBERS, REVOLT! Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Minay

Minay

This disappoints me actually.

Makikita talaga na UP is a microcosm of the Real World - which is sad kasi ganito ba talaga ang mundo?

We're so proud of the collective "brainpower" we have as a University, but we can't seem to argue coherently with one another.

Honestly gusto ko talaga maintindihan side nila. I'd really love to be part of an intelligent discussion about this issue.

But I'm too lazy to wade through the bullshit and the obviously emotionally heated arguments.

I'm assuming the No side has some wrong points too, but at this point mas reasonable yung side na yun for me.

Anyway magthethesis na ako. Napa-rant lang ako ng di oras. Hahahhaha

7MEMBERS, REVOLT! Empty Re: MEMBERS, REVOLT! Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:11 pm

k_patron

k_patron

while it is always easy to express opinions willingly, it is just as important to keep an open mind to be able to fully discern what is factual from what is not.

having said this, the UP Economics Society remains adamant in its commitment to serve the community. While it encourages its members to participate fully in campus issues, it also calls upon the same people to remain faithful to the pillars on which the organization rests upon: service, excellence and tradition.

let these values transcend all differences that may come about from the CRSRS Referendum.

http://kaipatron.multiply.com

8MEMBERS, REVOLT! Empty Re: MEMBERS, REVOLT! Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:31 am

rapsarap

mga friends si anton dulce po yan (redstudentswill)

isang notorious talaga na tao yan kahit sa tibak community for being rude. Dati rin inatake niya ang buong batch namin pagkat di kami nagrarally katulad niya. Dahil daw dun ay mga kabute kami. Well actually lahat ng hindi niya katulad ay kinaiinisan niya. As in nagtatawag siya ng mga taong hindi naman niya kaclose para lang rantan na mali sila or bobo sila, nangyari ito sa kaibigan naming si kai.

ang best actually na treatment sa taong yan ay huwag pansinin. Masasayang lang oras niyo kasi di naman din siya reasonable makipag argue. Somewhere down the line reresort at reresort sa ad hominem, circular logic at downright nonsense crude statements.

Besides it's already very very set in his mind that he is infinitely right and those that do subscribe to his philosophies are infinitely enemy heretics that cannot possibly have any good point at all.

9MEMBERS, REVOLT! Empty Re: MEMBERS, REVOLT! Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:09 am

nathanpico

nathanpico

All I can say is that I'm glad that the Execom took immediate action in posting a statement concerning this.

As difficult as it may be to deal with close-minded leftists, it is very important that we keep a calm yet focused and stable stand against whatever bigotry is thrown at us.

I was there when they campaigned at the tambayan, when Gel brought to the attention of the members that there were campaigners and asked us if we would like to listen, I was there when the middle couch people stayed for the requested "5 minutes" that extended into half an hour and I was there when they cut off Hannah Lasco when Hannah wanted to raise a valid point.

I have listened to both sides, read and took in their arguements, and I am with MinayThe Great on this: The No side has arguements that I find more reasonable. That and kNOw has not stooped to twisting around the arguements of the Yes side.

10MEMBERS, REVOLT! Empty Re: MEMBERS, REVOLT! Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:11 pm

Baki

The tautology of their flawed ideologies is very irritating. It is one thing to talk about your point in a very diplomatic and intelligent manner as such that is expected from an educated man as supposed to radical fundamentalism and dogma imposed by some sectors of our good University. It is one thing to campaign for your beliefs and another to make such outright lies that damage the integrity of people and organizations. First and foremost, the matter of members of the council stopping pro-YES campaigners from campaigning was nothing short of hog-wash and tall tales. I saw them with my own eyes campaigning inside the tambayan and although I left the room I am proud to hear that Hannah and Erik tried to have an intelligent conversation with them. If by talking with sense instead of repetitive gobbledygook is a form of barring the pro-YES people then i guess we are guilty of that haha.
What can i say but our red friends just love econ! I think our training in economics just grounds us to proper political action and not just taking to the street every now and then. Contrary to what other people say (that we are apathetic) i just think we are more rational. The numbers don’t lie when we have the highest voter turnout year in year out and that our academe has churned out papers that are very helpful to the nation. Well its a crazy world out there and i think we should just find solace in the fact that kahit tinatalangka tayo eh mas ok na yun at kahit papano naangat natin ang ibang tao kesa naman tayo yung nangtatalangka at nakaksira pa tayo sa lipunan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum